City Dining and Nightlife
"An empty stomach is not a good political adviser." (A. Einstein)
In Kolkata you can find cuisine from all over India, and with Kolkatans getting more adventurous, even the world. Restaurants have been mushrooming up in recent times offering not only Indian but also Chinese, Thai, & Italian.
Hungry for a quick bite at a nearyby Restaurant?
Here’s a list of a few Restaurants located within five to ten minutes walking distance from The Best Inn:-
- Gupta Brothers
A vegetarian restaurant serving Indian Lunch Thali (platter), Punjabi & South Indian food & Snacks
Located at Shambhunath Pandit Street (near Gol Mandir)
Restaurant & Bar serving Indian & Chinese
Located at Shambhunath Pandit Street near crossing of Chowringhee Rd.
- Burp Food Court
Express outlets for - Subway, Pizza Hut, Crème & Fudge Factory, Raj (South Indian)
Located at Forum Mall on Elgin Road
- Star Struck
A multi-cuisine restaurant
Located at Forum Mall on Elgin Road
A popular vegetarian fast food restaurant serving chats, sandwiches, pizzas, mini meals, chinese platter, Indian sweets, & snacks
Located at corner of Chowringhee Rd & A.J.C. Bose Road
- Sugar & Spice
Café, confectioner & restaurant with daily Buffets
Located at Harish Mukherjee Road (near crossing of Shambhunath Pandit Street)
Indian Restaurant & Bar serving Indian Punjabi food
Located at Chowringhee Court on Chowringhee Road (opposite Nehru Museum)
DINING RECOMMENDATIONS - KOLKATA
- Bar B Q - at Park Street
- Tangerine - at Outram Street (near Outram Club)
- Kalash - at “Hotel Hindustan International” on AJC Bose Road
- Ivory Kitchen – at 22, Camac Street 5th Floor Block D
- The Mediterranean Restaurant (Mezze) – at “Ideal Plaza” on Sarat Bose Road
- Sigree – (a) at South City Mall on Prince Anwar Shah Rd. & (b) Silver Arcade at 5 Jbs Halden Avenue, E.M. Bypass.
- Mainland China – (a) at 3A, Gurusaday Rd & (b) at South City Mall
- Marco Polo In China – at 24, Park Street
- Flavours of China – at 5, Park Street
- Little Italy – at Fort Knox Jewellery Mall – on Camac Street
- Fire & Ice – at Kanak Bldg., Near Jeevandeep Building on Jawaharlal Nehru Rd.
- Benjarong – at South City Mall on Prince Anwar Shah Rd.
- One Step Up – Park Street
- Mocambo - at 25B, Park Street, having entrance from Free School Street (Near Park St. Intersection)
- Oh Calcutta - Forum, 4th Floor, 10/3, Elgin Road, Kolkata-20. Tel: 22837161
- 6 Ballygunge Place – at Ballygunge Place
- Kewpie’s – Lala Lajpat Rai Sarani
South Indian Restaurant:
- Tamarind – at Sarat Bose Road (near Rashbihari Crossing)
South Indian Fast Food Restaurant:
- Raj (Vegetarian) – (a) Express outlet at “Burp” Food Court in “Forum Mall” on Elgin Road & (b) Restaurant at 10/2, Manohar Pukur Rd.
- Super Snack Bar (Vegetarian) – at New Alipore near Majarhat Bridge
International Fast Food:
- Pizza Hut – (a) Restaurant at 22, Camac Street, (b) Express outlet at the Food Court in “Forum Mall” on Elgin Rd. (c) Express outlet at Food Court in “South City Mall” on Prince Anwar Shah Rd.
- Subway – (a) at FMC Fortuna Bldg. on Woodburn Park Rd. (opposite South Club) (b) at Burp Food Court in “Forum Mall” & (c) at Food Court in “South City Mall” on Prince Anwar Shah Rd.
- Mc Donald – (a) at Park Street near Free School Street (Mirza Galib Street) Crossing & (b) at Mani Square Mall
- KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) – at 20K Park Street.
Indian Fast Food:
- Bombay Shiv Sagar (Vegetarian) – at 22, Camac Street
- Haldiram (Vegetarian) – (a) at AJC Bose Road & Chowringhee Rd. intersection & (b) 24, Ballygunge Park Road
- Burp Food Court – Food Court at “Forum Mall” on Elgin Road
- Gangaur (Vegetarian) – at Russel Street
- Aqua Java – at Elgin Road (located within 5 minutes walking distance)
- Café Coffee Day – (a) at Woodburn Park Rd. (near Forum Mall) (b) South City Mall
- Crèam & Fudge Factory – at 1, Ballygunge Park (opposite Ice Skating Rink)
- French Loaf – at Vasundhara Bldg., 2/7, Sarat Bose Road
- Suger & Spice – at Harish Mukherjee Road (located within 5 minutes walk)
24 Hours Coffee Shop (inside 5 Star Hotels):
- Mythh – at Hotel Hindustan International – at AJC Bose Road
- Atrium – at “The Park Hotel” on 17, Park Street
Offbeat Local Tea & Indian Snack Joint:
- Balwant Singh Dhaba (Vegetarian) – at Harish Mukherjee Road (below the Gurudwara). This joint is very popular amongst the local morning walkers for its tea served in an earthen cup.
- Sharmas (Vegetarian) – at the intersection of Harish Mukherjee Road & Shambhunath Pandit Street (just opposite the Gurudwara). This joint is popular amongst locals for its Kesar (Saffron) Tea and Lassi (a sweet drink made with curd, sugar & ice).
- Nimki House (Vegetarian) - A local shop located at Shambhunath Pandit Street (near Gol Mandir) that sells Indian & Gujarati snacks like dhokla, khandavi, kachori, onion samosas, chana chur etc.
- Ganguram (Vegetarian) – A Bengali Sweets Shop located at Shambhunath Pandit Street. Ganguram is very popular for its Bengali Sweets like Rasogulla, Sandesh, & Sweet Curd. We recommend that you try the Sandesh sweetened with Jaggery instead of sugar.
NIGHTLIFE - KOLKATA
- Soho – at “Ideal Plaza” on 11/1, Sarat Bose Road (near Elgin Rd. Crossing)
- Venom – at “Fort Knox” on 8th Floor at 6, Camac Street
- Underground – at “Hotel Hindustan International” on AJC Bose Road
- Tantra - at “The Park Hotel” on 17, Park Street
- Roxy - at “The Park Hotel” on 17, Park Street
- Aqua - at “The Park Hotel” on 17, Park Street
- Virgose – at “Hotel Hindustan International” on 235, A.J.C. Bose Road
- Someplace Else - at “The Park Hotel” on 17, Park Street
- Shisha – at 22 Camac Street, 5th Fl., Block D
- Marrakesh – at 1st Fl., 24 Park Street (near Cinnamon Restaurant)
- Privy – at 4th Fl., “Forum Mall” on Elgin Road
- Plush – at “The Astor Hotel” on Shakespeare Sarani (Theater Rd.)